RULES AND REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All Entries with payments must be received by January 31st, after February 1st a 10% late fee will be added
To guarantee early placement at any one of our locations, you may give us an estimated number of entries with a deposit to hold a position for your studio. Please contact competition Directors for further information.
Let’s Get Loud Dance Competition wants to create a positive atmosphere for our competitors. We believe in inspiring each other and respecting all participants, where good sportsmanship includes being a good winner as well as a good loser. It’s important to respect each other on and off the stage. During awards we expect all participants to clap and support one another. We can learn so much by watching and supporting one another. We know medals,pins and placings can be exciting, our main goal is for everyone to leave our events feeling inspired and to have made new friends. Creating a positive experience is of the up most importance.
- Cheques returned NSF will be charged $30.00 and entries may be returned if payment is not collected within 5 business days.
- There are no refunds once the first draft schedule has been sent out.
- You will receive a first and second draft of your entries from our office via email with a preliminary schedule. All changes are to be made at this time, and emailed to Let’s Get Loud. The final schedule will be sent two weeks prior to the event. NO CHANGES PERMITTED ONCE FINAL SCHEDULE IS SENT. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Music must be submitted online using the Dancebug.com website two weeks before the event. All back up music must be on USB and handed in the morning before competition. Be sure to label all backup devices with the studio name. All teachers are responsible for selection of their music and must be suitable with appropriate lyrics (NO profanity).
- Let’s Get Loud reserves the right to add or subtract days or move a competition due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Let’s Get Loud reserves the right to change overall awards depending upon the number of entries at each location.
- Let’s Get Loud reserves the right to cancel any competition where there are an insufficient number of entries.
- Competitors should be ready to perform 1 hour before their scheduled time, in case competition is ahead of schedule.
- Any questions or concerns regarding routines should be brought to the attention of the show director, by teacher or studio director ONLY.
- PHOTOGRAPHY and Video taping are strictly prohibited.No camera of any kind can be used during a performance. If a camera is being used in the audience, an LGL staff member will address the photographer personally with discretion. Failure to comply with this rule could result in disqualification!
- We do not provide wireless mics for song and dance routines
- PROPS are allowed at LGL and must be placed and removed within 2 minutes. You will be required to fill out the Prop section during entry process. PROHIBITED PROPS: No dangerous props to be used on stage, such as fire, swords or knives. Props must be freestanding. Scenery or backdrops requiring the use of theatre fly bars are not able to be used.Helium balloons, special fog, and smoke are not permitted. Larger props are to be handled by the studio. LGL is not responsible for any props. If the stage is littered after your performance with feathers, confetti, etc, you should be prepared to remove it immediately following the routine. No form of liquid, gel, aerosol, paint or glitter may be used that would affect the dancing surface
- A competitor making a second attempt to a routine may be judged, but not eligible for overalls, Novice division is excluded from this rule but only one 2nd attempt is allowed.
- Participants in a Let’s Get Loud competition agree to the use of any feedback, pictures and/or video recording for advertisement purposes.
- Only teachers and studio approved prop assistants can be backstage, all others will be asked to leave. Dancers are not allowed backstage, unless your routine is within the next 3 to 4 numbers.
- Dancing out of order is not allowed, except for costume changes, which must be verified by the show director or backstage manager. A minimum of 15 minutes (5 numbers) will be scheduled for costume changes. Routines asked to perform out of order may result in deductions. Dancers or studios causing unwarranted delays to the set schedule may receive further deductions.
- All judge’s decisions are final. All Ties are broken by the judges.
- Upon entering Let’s Get Loud competition, it is agreed that teachers, competitors, parents and guests will not hold Let’s Get Loud Directors or Employees involved in the competition responsible or liable for any damages, loss or personal injury which they may sustain while either participating or attending any activity connected with this competition.
Solos & Duets & Trios – 2.5 Minutes
Small Groups – 3.5 Minutes
Large Groups – 3.5 Minutes
Lines/Extended – 5 Minutes
Productions -Max 10 Minutes
Please call with production details for scheduling
No penalties will be involved for routines overtime however, if abused may result in disqualification of overall placement.